Wednesday 11 November 2009

The Glass Box

Shh, can you hear it?...

...there it is, listen...

...it's the sound of thousands and thousands of silent bloggers, myself included, sounding off to the world in general and no-one at all.

In my mind's eye I see myself flying over crowds of people from all over the world, all looking up, shouting, talking, singing, waving their arms about, drawing, painting, pleading, complaining, laughing, crying listen to meeeee.  All completely silent.

Why?

Why do it, I mean?

15 minutes of fame?  Something that needs to be said?  Catharsis?  A search for the missing 'community'?  Loneliness?  All of the above?  None of the above?

This is 'Speaker's Corner' for the 21st Century.  All of us the best Marcel Marceau ever to perform on the radio.

One day someone will find this frequency so that I can break out of this glass box.

Thank you for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment